Located in Toledo, Ohio, Exco Engineering USA has continuously operated since 1964, dedicated to the design and manufacture of large die cast tooling, generally in the 1600-4500 ton range. Exco Engineering USA is part of publicly-traded Exco Technologies (TSX:XTC) and a member of the Large Mould Business group operating in Canada, the USA, and Mexico.
In recent years our focus has been on designing and building tooling for engine blocks, transmission cases, and other large powertrain components, and now we are increasingly involved in the design and build of structural componentry.
Exco Engineering USA is also situated in a unique location, just 40 minutes from Detroit – the heart of the American automotive engineering business – and within driving distance of many of the major die casters. We also enjoy access to some of the nation’s most capable suppliers, providing our team with specialized welding, heat treating and other tooling industry-specific capabilities.
Exco Engineering USA’s Large Mould Businesses
Exco has three facilities in North America dedicated to the design, manufacture and maintenance of large die cast tooling.
Exco's die cast tooling facilities have broad and deep experience in powertrain, body, and structural part tooling.
- We have supported our customers on 75 different programs over the last 15 years, including:
- I4/ V6/ V8 engine block, FWD/ RWD/ AWD/ CVT transmission case, instrument panel, engine cradle, oil pan, steering column, axle tube, marine gearbox.
- Our customers look to us for engineering and process support, with 90% of our programs based on dies of our design.
- We have delivered 350 complete new dies over this time period. If die rebuilds are included the number rises to ~1000.
EXCO ENGINEERING - Newmarket, Ontario, Canada
- 130,000ft2 facility.
- Research & development, engineering, manufacturing, rebuild, maintenance & repair, die sampling and process development.
EXCO ENGINEERING USA - Toledo, Ohio, USA
- 45,000ft2 facility.
- Engineering, manufacturing, rebuild, maintenance & repair.
EXCO ENGINEERING MEXICO - Querétaro, Mexico
- 20,000ft2 facility.
- Manufacturing, rebuild, maintenance & repair.
About Exco Technologies
Our parent company Exco Technologies is a global designer, developer and manufacturer of dies, moulds, equipment, components and assemblies to the die-cast, extrusion and automotive industries. Through our 18 strategic locations, we employ 5,000 people and service a diverse and broad customer base through three business groups: Automotive Solutions, Extrusion Tooling Solutions and Die Cast Solutions.
The Die Casting and Extrusion Technology groups design, develop and manufacture die-casting and extrusion tooling and equipment. Operations are based in Canada, U.S., Mexico, Colombia, Brazil and Thailand and primarily serve automotive and industrial markets throughout the world.
The Automotive Solutions Group designs, develops and manufactures automotive interior trim components and assemblies primarily for passenger and light truck vehicles. Our facilities are located in Canada, U.S., Mexico, South Africa, Lesotho, Morocco, Germany and Bulgaria and supply the North American, European and Asian markets.